SensoLyte Insulin Degrading Enzyme Assay Kit
AnaSpec is pleased to release the first commercially available FRET-based assay kit for the measurement of Insulin Degrading Enzyme (IDE) activity - the SensoLyte ® IDE Activity Assay Kit.
Insulin degrading enzyme (IDE), an extremely conserved Zn2+ metalloendopeptidase, belongs to the M16A metallopeptidase family.1-3 IDE is expressed in almost all tissues and distributed in the cytosol. IDE degrades various substrates such as insulin, IGF-II, TGF-α, glucagon, amylin, calcitonin, β-amyloid and amyloid precursor protein (APP); hence, IDE is considered a physiological and pathological relevant enzyme.4-6 Growing evidences have indicated that IDE may be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and diabetes mellitus type 2.2, 7, 8 A paper published in the May 21st (2014) issue of Nature reported that an IDE inhibitor increases insulin and leads to higher glucose tolerance, thus making IDE a potentially new target for the treatment of diabetes.9
ß-Amyloid Peptides - Wide Collection
Anti-ß-Amyloid Antibodies - monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
SensoLyte® Assay Kits for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease Research
SensoLyte®Amyloid Degrading Protease Assay Kits
Tau Products - Antibodies, Recombinant Proteins and Peptides
1. Fernández-Gamba, A. et al. Curr Pharm Des 15, 3644 (2009).
2. McCord, LA. et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 110, 13827 (2013).
3. de Tullio, MB. et al. Prion 2, 51 (2008).
4. Edbauer, D. et al. J Biol Chem 277, 13389 (2002).
5. Morelli, L. et al. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332, 808 (2005).
6. Kurochkin, IV. Trends Biochem Sci 26, 421 (2001).
7. Delledonne, A. et al. Mol Neurodegener 4, 39 (2009).
8. Zhao, J. et al. Mol Neurodegener 4, 4 (2009).
9. Maianti, JP. et al. Nature (2014). doi:10.1038/nature13297.