Version July 2019
1. Purpose for collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Where you have requested a product from AnaSpec, assisting you in the processing and shipping of the requested product;
- Responding to your inquiries about your account and other products;
- Making proposals for future product needs;
- Allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products offered by or in connection with our affiliated companies;
- Processing transactions through third party service providers;
- Meeting legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities; and
- Compiling statistics for analysis of our sites and our business.
1.a A Note Concerning Our Remarketing Practices
AnaSpec Inc., its parent and/or affiliates (“AnaSpec”) may run remarketing advertisements targeting people who have previously visited this web site or another site operated by AnaSpec. This practice is consistent with allowed remarketing from Google and other providers of online remarketing and retargeting services.
2. What information we collect
The information gathered by AnaSpec from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
2.a Information voluntarily provided by you
When using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. The Personal Information that we collect will depend on how you choose to use this Site.
Where you request marketing or product specification informationIf you request a brochure or further information from us, we may require you to submit your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and the country in which you are based so we may send you the material you have requested, and to enable us to identify if you are an existing client of AnaSpec.
Where you register with us and/or request productsIf you register with the Site, or request a product available on the Site, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, country, telephone number and the reason for your communication, as well as information about your position and organization and such other information as is reasonably necessary so that we can provide you with the product. On the data submission form, we shall indicate by way of an asterisk, which information is optional and which information is mandatory. This information can include:
- your name, address, email address, physical address, credit card number, and banking information;
- Information as to your use of our products, or similar products from other suppliers;
- Information we acquire from and/or transfer to other persons to verify your identity and the accuracy of the information you have provided; and
- Information about you received from AnaSpec affiliates, other intermediaries, third party providers and others which are necessary for the provision of our products.
Following an inquiry into receiving products from us, if you decide to proceed, we will collect Personal Information necessary to proceed with the transaction, such as your name, address, postal code, contact telephone number, e-mail address, billing address or payment details, as relevant to the product. We will use your Personal Information to administer your account, process claims etc. and generally manage your relationship with us. Please see the Disclosure of Information to Others section of this policy for information on the categories of recipients of personal data.
Where you submit contentFinally, if you submit content regarding any of the information that you view on our Site (such as product reviews), we will ask for your name and e-mail address, so that, if you choose, we can update you by e-mail when others also comment on the content, and also so that we can manage the content in line with the applicable Site Terms & Conditions. You should be aware that the information you provide there will be made publically available to AnaSpec employees and other users of the Site.
2.b Website Navigational Information
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- First-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between AnaSpec’s servers and your computer’s hard drive. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
- Third-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the Third-party’s server and your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, AnaSpec’s Sites are not compatible with DNT.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies please refer to www.aboutcookies.org.
- Where strictly necessary
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, products you have asked for, such as obtaining a quote or logging into your account, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the Site in order to improve the way that our Site works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a person, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is used to improve how our Site works.
These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a Site may be able to remember your log in details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Site. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide products you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
Please consult your web browser's ‘Help’ documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser.
- Web Beacons The Site may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of the Site and interaction with e-mails from AnaSpec. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Site tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Sites and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our clients to provide you with information about AnaSpec and our products. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.
- IP Addresses When you visit our Sites, AnaSpec collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Information. For example, AnaSpec uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate the Sites. IP addresses may be combined with other Personal Information which allows us to identify you via your IP address.
3. Disclosure of information to others
Third parties to whom we disclose information are required by law or contract to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation, which purposes are as follows:
- To carry out your requests, provide the products you have requested from us, respond to your inquiries, and to notify you (if applicable) regarding any promotions;
- To process transactions and shipments through third party service providers;
- If the information is a credit card or bank account number, to process credit card paymentsâ€”through third party payment processing, clearing and settlement systems in association with various banks;
- To notify you of certain products offered by or through AnaSpec or to obtain market research information from you.
3.a Affiliate Sharing
In the normal course of performing products for our clients, Personal Information may be shared within AnaSpec and its affiliates for research and statistical purposes, product marketing, system administration and crime prevention or detection.
3.b Business Transactions
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including Personal Information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either AnaSpec itself or substantially all of AnaSpec assets were acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information to a third party purchaser in these circumstances.
3.c Other Legally Required Disclosures
AnaSpec preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if AnaSpec has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of AnaSpec, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
4. California’s “shine the light” law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires any operator of a website to permit its California-resident customers to request and obtain from the operator a list of what personal information the operator has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes for the preceding calendar year; and the addresses and names of such third parties. AnaSpec does not share any Personal Information collected from this site with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions about how AnaSpec shares your Personal Information, you can contact us at the address below.
34801 Campus Drive
Fremont, CA 94555
5. Collection and retention of personal information
AnaSpec will collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as permitted by law. If we require Personal Information for other purposes which are incompatible with the Identified Purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent (where appropriate), that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
We have in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the Personal Information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep Personal Information protected from unauthorized access. However, due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of Personal Information, and AnaSpec expressly disclaims any such obligation.
7. External links
8. Accuracy and access
Our knowing about changes to some of your Personal Information (e.g. email address) may be key to effectively communicating with you at your request.
Please keep us informed of changes to your Personal Information.
Upon your request, we may rectify any Personal Information in the file that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect.