AnaSpec’s widely used and cited (29 literature citations) SensoLyte® pNPP Alkaline
Phosphatase Assay kits now contain a specially formulated pNPP substrate. This
new substrate outshines the previous substrate in that it is:
• Ready to use – no need to reconstitute pNPP powder
• Improved sensitivity – detects as low as 0.02 ng alkaline phosphatase
• Improved stability – stores neat at 4C for one year
alkaline phosphatase level and activity are involved in a variety of physiological
and pathological events, such as bone development,1 bone-related
diseases,2 gestation related diseases,3 inflammatory bowel disease,4
and drug toxicity.6 Alkaline
phosphatase is widely used in ELISA for conjugation with secondary antibody
and as a reporter for gene expression studies.
pNPP Alkaline Phosphatase Assay kits provide a convenient colorimetric
assay for detecting alkaline phosphatase in biological samples and in ELISA
with alkaline phosphatase conjugated secondary antibody or streptavidin by using
colorimetric pNPP (p-Nitrophenyl phosphate) phosphatase substrate.
Upon dephosphorylation, pNPP turns yellow and can be detected at absorbance=405
pNPP Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA Assay kits provide an AP-conjugated secondary
antibody – goat anti-mouse (cat# 72147-M)
or goat anti-rabbit (cat# 72147-R).
AnaSpec also offers a pNPP assay kit for secreted alkaline phosphatase reporter
assay, the SensoLyte®
pNPP Secreted Alkaline Phosphatase (SEAP) Reporter Gene Assay Kit. A luminometric
SEAP kit is also available.
Figure 1. Detection of alkaline phosphatase with the SensoLyte®
pNPP Alkaline Phosphatase Assay Kit (Cat# 72146)
enzyme at each dilution was mixed with pNPP substrate, and then incubated
at room temperature for 1 hr. Absorbance was recorded at 405 nm (Ultra Microplate
Reader EL808, Bio-Tek Instruments, Inc). This assay is able to detect as low
as 0.02 ng of alkaline phosphatase.
here for more information.
Table 1. New pNPP formulation alkaline phosphatase assay kits.
Table 2. Fluorimetric
and luminometric SensoLyte® Alkaline and related phosphatase assay kits.
1. Kotobuki, N. et al. Cell Transplant. 13, 377 (2004).
2. Wyckoff, MH. et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 90, 1233
3. Boronkai, A. et al. J. Clin. Pathol. 58, 72 (2005).
4. Sanchez, M. et al. Biochem. Pharmacol. 68, 2317 (2004).
5. Morrone, LF. et al. Ann. Ital. Med. Int. 19, 189 (2004).
6. Papaldo, P. et al. Cancer Invest. 22, 650 (2004).